Level 2: Applied Human Design Relationship Training
Relationship Dynamics: Friendship, Chemistry & Tensions
Offered Twice in 2024: Starting January 10th or May 15th
Welcome to Applied Human Design Relationship Training – 4 Classes
This training will provide an in-depth look at analyzing and supporting relationships through the lens of Human Design.
These four 2-hour sessions will be filled with training, conversations and exercises designed to help you leverage your understanding of Human Design to support yourself and people in all forms of relationships: couples in committed relationships, business partners, close friends and parents and their children.
We are all inherently unique. Our role as Human Design professionals is to help individuals embrace their uniqueness and honor the uniqueness of those they are in relationship with.
While in relationship to another, a third energetic entity is formed. We will work to understand how to analyze this combined energy blueprint, to see the beauty and the dilemmas that are always present.
Here is what you will find on this page. Click to skip ahead:
- Is This Class for You?
- The Complexity of Relationship Dynamics
- Human Design Relationship Training – Course Curriculum
- Class Dates, Logistics & Registration
- Meet Catherine Rivers
- Private Training Option
- Up Next – The Level 3 Course Description
Just want to talk? Grab 30-minutes on my calendar.
P.S. If you have come to this page directly from a Google search, I invite you to read about the entire program, my beliefs about the Human Design System and how I approach training. Go to Applied Human Design Training Overview.
Is This Class for You?
Applied Human Design Training Program
This class is the 2nd in 4-class Human Design Certification Program. It is possible to take this class as a standalone if you have prior Human Design training. Please schedule 30 minutes on my calendar to see if this class is a good fit for you.
To read about my beliefs regarding Human Design and my approach to this training series, please read the Applied Human Design Training Overview.
Are You a Match?
- You have taken at least a basic level Human Design class. Ideally my Level 1 – The Building Blocks of Energy class.
- You know Type, Authority, the major Circuits, Profiles, Channels and Incarnation Crosses.
- You are interested in understanding your own relationships from an energetic perspective.
- You have an interest in supporting others in their relationships from an energetic perspective.
- You can separate morally-based views from energetic perspectives.
- You can dedicate 2 hours or more to homework and practices between sessions.
The Complexity of Relationship Dynamics
We are Drawn to Figure Out Our Relationships
It’s a thing for us, isn’t it? We are all looking to understand our relationships, to know what makes them tick, and to know what to do to ‘fix’ them. Many of us have learned from relationships by being in the ‘wrong’ relationship. And we envy those whose relationships seem perfect. How many of you have looked to Astrology to help you figure out if your relationships are destined to be compatible? Many of us are searching for those types of answers and Human Design provides amazing and accurate insights as to the energetic chemistry of any two individuals whether you are partners, parent and child, friends or team mates.
The Analysis of a Human Design Relationship Chart is Straight-Forward
Analyzing a Human Design Composite Chart is relatively straight-forward. Yes, it has more steps than analyzing a chart from a single person, but the steps are just steps. In this class I show you all the steps I take to analyze the energy relationship of the two people. I will show you how to apply the knowledge you’ve already learned in the Level 1: Foundations Concepts – The Building Blocks of Energy and then add the 4 unique energy mechanics that apply to composites: companionship, dominance, electro-magnetic and compromise.
The Delivery of a Human Design Relationship Reading Can be a Slippery Slope
While the analysis of a composite chart is clean and tidy, the delivery of a composite reading can be anything but. Why? Because humans are messy! Here are some of the issues I have witnessed and some I have also experienced myself.
- It takes time and practice with the basic components in order to explain relationship dynamics in a everyday language. This is so important. Relationships have tensions and stresses that run through them from time to time. The better we can explain their energy dynamics the more likely they can transform conflict and tension into understanding and collaboration.
- A composite reading is simply looking at the energetic dynamics of a relationship. We just look at energy and what is happening when those energies come together. It is crucial to speak and deliver composite information from this perspective. However, our society and conditioning has us seeing relationships most often from a moral perspective of right, wrong, good good and/or bad. It takes practice and awareness to remove that morality-based perspective from our language and delivery. There are also quandaries for the Human Design professional to resolve in their own selves. For example, some Human Design components could be described as promiscuous qualities. From an energetic perspective, the nature of that energy is to be sexually curious and adventurous. But from some moral perspectives, promiscuity is to be judged harshly.
- I have had many people come to me wanting me to fix their partner! I am serious. They come to me already knowing what is ‘wrong’ with their partner and hoping that Human Design will be the magic pill. It takes good awareness of potential clients to avoid getting sucked into this type of engagement. It never turns out well.
- Another version of the previous issue, is people using what they learn in a Human Design session as something to use against their partner. This is the last thing in the world I want Human Design used for and it is critical to do the proper screening and stage setting for any relationship reading.
- If any person and/or couple have a lot of guilt, shame and blame running through their relationship, a Human Design composite reading may not be appropriate for them. These are the people that I want to work with individually to build their sense of personal empowerment (versus victimhood) first. Again, this is another example of the slippery slope of the Human Design Composite Reading and how without knowledge and practice you unintentionally find yourself in a quagmire and you may not be giving good service to your clients.
What This Class Does and Does Not Deliver
So, just to be clear, this class does not teach you to be fully proficient in the delivery of a composite reading with on-going Human Design coaching support. We will be focusing on the analysis of the composite chart first and foremost. Will you get insights on how to deliver this information? Certainly. Will you be able to give a parent insights regarding their relationship with their children or their significant others? Yes.
But from my own personal and professional experience, reading for people who are in conflicted relationships takes time, practice and mastery of the delivery skills I mentioned above. We dive into the advanced topic of delivering the composite reading in my Level 4: Applied Human Design Certification Training.
Level 2 Curriculum – The Four Classes
#1: Leveraging What You Already Know
Level 2 Training builds on the knowledge gained in Level 1. I show you new ways to apply the basic Human Design components, the building blocks of energy, to new situations. This is the class where you fall in love with Human Design circuits and really get the brilliance of what they add to your ability to analyze charts holistically. All the other components of a Design take on new and deeper meanings when you start to see the contrast and harmony they bring to people in relationship.
- How to apply what you know about Type and Authority to relationships
- How to apply what you know about Circuits to relationships
- Applying Profiles to relationships
- The importance of Sun Signs in relationship analysis
- Tempo & Decision-making in relationships
- Ethics in Human Design Coaching
- Moralistic vs Energetic information and coaching
#2: The Energies That Bring People Together in Relationship
Why are we drawn to certain relationships in the first place? Is it random? Or is something deeper involved? I can read a composite chart and always see the energetic chemistry that connects 2 people and can easily see the tensions and dilemmas that might be present as well.
In my belief system, all relationships happen for a reason. We are not hear to judge whether a relationship is good, bad, right and/or wrong. We are hear to give information about the nature of their energetic connection. When clients have already done a lot of personal development work, I see this information turn tension and conflict into understanding and the entire nature of their relationship has the possibility of shifting.
- Practice analyzing relationships from participant examples
- Splits in definition and the impact on relationships
- Life Path/Soul Path analysis and implications
- Analyzing dilemmas and tensions from a neutral energetic perspective
- How to speak to clients about their relationship mechanics
- Introduction to the 4 relationship energy mechanics
- Generating Human Design Composite Charts
#3: The 4 Energy Mechanics of Composite Designs
Energy is additive. So when 2 people are in proximity to one another, they form a third energetic entity. These Composite Designs have 4 unique energy constructs. We work through these four energetic constructs in great detail. My end goal is for you to be able to identify these four energetic patterns on your own and not be dependent on generated composite chart metadata to supply you with the answers. I want you to totally understand these concepts.
- Friendship/Companionship configurations
- Dominance configurations
- Chemistry/Electro-Magnetic configurations
- Compromise configurations
- How to 1st analyze then describe these configurations in everyday terms
- Class practice using participant relationship examples
#4: Putting It All Together
The identification of the composite energy constructs is straight-forward, but articulating what it all means is complex. Participants heads are usually swimming! This 4th class is focused on refining and integrating what we’ve learned. Nothing replaces practice when it comes to cementing your understanding of relationship analysis. In prior sessions I am walking you through the examples, in this class you take the lead.
- Q and A
- Continued work with actual examples
- Reviewing examples I provide to showcase interesting relationship scenarios
- How do we coach/advise/support clients via this lens of Human Design relationship analysis.
Level 2 Dates, Logistics and Registration
Level 2 Class Dates
Level 2 is offered twice in 2024 and has 4 weekly classes.
- Option 1: Begins January 10th, 2024 thru January 31st, 2024
- Option 2: Begins May 15th, 2024 thrugh June 5th, 2024
These classes are held on Wednesday from 5:30pm to 7:30pm PST.
- We will work via Zoom. I take pains to have this experience mimic an in-person training as much as possible.
- All sessions are recorded and links are distributed the following day.
- There are workshop materials for each session. These will be emailed to you the day prior to each session.
The cost of this workshop is $750. You can reserve your spot with a $150 deposit. The remainder to be paid prior to the first session on June 28th.
Auditing This Class
If you have taken this Relationship Training from me previously, you may audit this class for $200.
We will continue to use the following resources plus handouts of my own creation.
- We will use Chetan Parkyn’s book “Human Design: Discover the Person You Were Born to Be” , his “Book of Lines” and his “The Book of Destinies”.
- Optional readings: “The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation” by Lynda Bunnell.
This class assumes that you have taken my Level 1 Foundation Concepts class or a similar class from another Human Design professional. If you have taken a Human Design class from another provider, please grab 30-minutes on my calendar and we can confirm that you are good to go.
Select the Level 2 series that you wish to join. This will take you to my online registration and scheduler. Once you begin to fill out the form DO NOT STOP. This application does not save your work and then allow you to come back to it. Once you have completed your registration I will reach out to your regarding payment.
Meet Your Mentor – Catherine Rivers
About Catherine Rivers
What is there to say? I can give you a traditional bio, but that is boring. The truth is I just love Human Design. I love it. It is all I really want to talk about!
I’ve been studying Human Design for over 15 years and I am still learning. The accuracy of Human Design never ceases to amaze me. The depth of Human Design always amazes me. There is always some new energy presentation to see and express.
I spent 20 years in the information technology industry implementing huge projects. I was successful in that space due to my ability to simultaneously track a zillion interconnecting details and the overarching goals of the project. I bring that same gift as I give Human Design readings to my clients. I want everyone to see the energetic nuts and bolts of who they are AND see the amazing person that they are. It is all there, in their Design.
Officially I am a Human Design Master Professional Consultant. I studied with Chetan Parkyn and continue to study and co-teach with him (to my utter delight).
I am also a Certified Professional Coach of 18 years. That training has me laser-focused on personal empowerment and the power of language.
I am adamant that all aspects of a Design are beautiful and empowering. I have too many people coming to me having been told negative views of their Designs. It breaks my heart! My teaching of Human Design brings together a deep understanding of Human Design energy mechanics coupled with an empowering use of language that provides the client with a profound and transformational experience.
If you’d like to elevate your Readings and develop a Human Design practice, I will help you get there.
The Private Mentoring Option
Ready to start now? Not interested in a classroom setting? Want deep private instruction? Want to really know everything I know?
Then consider this private one-to-one approach. We use the same course outline with a few additions. You not only learn the material in the deepest way possible, but you receive Human Design and ontologically based coaching from me. The transformation for yourself will be enormous.
This approach spans 42 sessions over approximately 18 months. If you have already worked through Level 1, this private approach can be pro-rated.
Please schedule 30 minutes on my calendar to get all your questions answered.
Check Out the Level 3 Classes
Ready to register for this training?
Or, do you have questions?
People have different decision making styles. Some people need information in order to reach a decision. Others need time. While others may just need to connect with me and hear the sound of my voice and my choice of words.
Fill out this form to send me an email. Or reach out with a phone call or text to: 360.480.0183. I am happy to answer any questions that you have. Cathy